Monday, March 15, 2010

TECHmunch!

On Saturday, I got to spend the day with an absolutely terrific and energetic group of food bloggers at the first-ever TECHmunch food blogger workshop. The workshop was put together by food blog royalty Babette from Bakespace and Jaden Hair from Steamy Kitchen and co-produced by Natanya from FĂȘte and Feast.

I was thrilled to finally meet several people with whom I'd previously only interacted online, and I picked up tons of great tips for being a better blogger. Afterwards, we mingled while sipping cocktails and nibbling fantastic food by the super-talented Shawn Cirkiel of Parkside.

Thanks to a VERY full weekend, I have more photos than I have energy, so I'll let my a few of my shots from the day do the talking:


IMG_2309.JPG
A full house in Parkside's lovely second floor space

IMG_2310crop.jpg
Our very own Austin Twitter bird kept hanging around outside the window tweeting

IMG_2321.JPG
Salmon belly, pineapple, mint & green onion soup spoon bites

IMG_2335.JPG
More soup spoon bites - with lentil salad, cucumber, apples, and harissa

IMG_2325.JPG
These little croustade cups were delightful - filled with mascarpone, asparagus, and smoked tomato vin

IMG_2328.JPG
De-luscious seared New York strip with peanuts, cilantro, and a drizzle of soy-ginger sauce

IMG_2337.JPG
Totally addictive cauliflower dish - carmelized with chili, citrus, and Thai basil.
(if all veggies tasted like this, I would be the healthiest woman alive)

IMG_2315.JPG
For dessert - an army of scrumptious Sugar Mama's cupcakes!

IMG_2342.JPG
My Bakespace Martini - girly, without being too sweet (strawberry Stoli, lime juice and cava)

IMG_2349.JPG
Marshall Wright of Eat This Lens doing what food bloggers do best

A huge thanks to Babette, Jaden and Natanya for putting together an absolutely fantastic event, and to Parkside for hosting us. It was a wonderful day!

7 comments:

  1. How great! It really was a fantastic afternoon. And the food was delish.

    I have photos up on my blog, too. And I'm giving away my swag bag to someone that couldn't make it to the event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was too slow on the uptake for the Cauliflower Dish and they ran out - now I'm especially bummed. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of those martinis and that califlower recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos and a great event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so jealous!!! especially of those cupcakes...i bet they were good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have gone to this event!! Your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

More Foodie Is The New Forty

Proud to be a member of the AFBA!

Search Foodie Is The New Forty

Recent Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP