Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Matcha Green Tea Shortbread Cookies

Last weekend, I was invited to attend a Lunar New Year hot pot party thrown by my friends Jennie and John. I cast about a bit looking for a fun idea for something to bring, and finally landed upon For Two, Please's lovely blog and their post about Matcha Green Tea Shortbread Cookies. Well, once I took a gander at those verdant treats, I knew I had to make them.

I was not disappointed. Neither my photos nor my cookies are as beautiful as theirs, but I was pleased with the way the cookies tasted. They're the texture of shortbread, only a little bit lighter, and the matcha perfumes the process of both making and eating them with the rich scent of green tea. If you live in Austin, both Whole Foods locations sell matcha in bulk, so you can get just the amount you need (surprisingly, Central Market does not). Of course, if you drink matcha anyway, by all means, buy a big canister of it!

Each batch of the recipe makes about 30-35 cookies, depending on the size of your cutter.

You'll wish you had more.


IMG_2817crop.jpg

IMG_2836*.JPG

8 comments:

  1. my favorite holiday is valentine's (even when i'm single). i want those green hearts for valentine's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birthday is Valentine's! (and I want those heart shaped matcha cookies too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the recipe looks so easy! I need to get myself some Mat-CHA :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should have hand-shaped them into rabbit shapes. It is the Year of the Rabbit, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cookies Michelle! =) I love the GREEN nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! We need to get you to come to a cooking night soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn- I missed you. And those scrumptious looking cookies! We went early and left early. Had I known these babies were coming, I would have been tempted to stay out late!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelley, when I saw what YOU had brought (on Carla's blog), I was kicking myself for not getting there sooner! Those macarons looked incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

More Foodie Is The New Forty

Proud to be a member of the AFBA!

Search Foodie Is The New Forty

Recent Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP