Friday, May 6, 2011

Food Photo Friday - Zax

My pants suggested to me the other day that perhaps it might be nice if I integrated some more salads into my diet. I try to keep my pants happy, but I also know how important it is to keep my taste buds happy, so I offered my pants a compromise: salads from Zax.


IMG_3931*.JPG

My first salad true love at Zax was the shrimp remoulade. Large, fresh shrimp in a creamy remoulade sauce, over bright greens, tomato, and generous slices of always-perfectly-ripened avocado. Served with a spot of seasoned, crouton-like toast so you don't feel too carb-deprived.

Last time I was there, I got all wild and crazy and tried the steak salad. Again with the crisp greens and tomatoes, only this time they woo you with a nicely seasoned portion of New York strip and sneak in some bleu cheese and crispy fried onions. "Hey Pants," I said, "You didn't specify what kind of salad."

IMG_5205*.JPG

For the salad-averse, Zax also offers a nice selection of sandwiches (including burgers), pizzas, pastas, and other "appeal to everyone" choices. Everything I've tried there has been made well and delicious. The space is filled with sunlight and always pleasant, and they have a dog-friendly patio for soaking in this fine weather we're experiencing. Oh, and they offer a nice selection of brunch dishes on the weekends (see here to get a gander at their corned beef hash), along with a build-your-own bloody Mary bar. I like to play a little game with myself to see how many olives, pickled okra, and gherkins I can skewer on one cocktail swizzler.

IMG_5843.JPG

I could've fit another gherkin on this one.

Zax Restaurant & Bar
312 Barton Springs Road
Austin , TX 78704
(512) 481-0100

4 comments:

  1. I just learned what a gherkin is this week. Now I get a photo! Looks like a baby cucumber.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to have a better relationship with my pants too! Mia

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH those salads look good. Especially that steak one. Fried onions? Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha your pants are so lucky you listen to them. I think I gave up on mine and just wear dresses now... More room to breathe =P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

More Foodie Is The New Forty

Proud to be a member of the AFBA!

Search Foodie Is The New Forty

Recent Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP