Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Galveston, Texas (Instagram edition)

We just spent an altogether too short weekend in Galveston, on the Texas coast. We were there for less than 48 hours, but I came away refreshed, relaxed, and recharged. In the future, I'll endeavor not to soon forget the healing power of the salty sea breezes and a long stretch of beach.

Inspired by this post by my friend and photographer idol, Penny de los Santos, I dove headfirst into a fabulous and free iPhone app called Instagram for my shots of the trip. Instagram allows you to apply one of a number of filters to your photo, giving you the potential of turning a decent shot into something much more interesting. There is also a cool social media component that allows you to "follow" users and comment on other users' photos (if you want to find me, my username there is "optimista"). It's a very neat way to create and share your images.

Since I have so many images I want to share here, I'll refrain from my usual barrage of verbosity and let the photos speak for themselves.


IMG_0096

IMG_0124

IMG_0099

IMG_0133

IMG_0079

IMG_0115

IMG_0134

IMG_0108

IMG_0097

IMG_0109

IMG_0110

IMG_0132

IMG_0136

IMG_0138

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I love playing with the instagram app as well, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made Galveston look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post, Michelle. Despite using the super cool Instagram, your composition of the shots really tell a great story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All gorgeous shots! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos! The one of Mindy is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY photos!!! In a short period of time too

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos are beautiful, Michelle! =) I especially love the one of you and Mindy on your FB. Food looks delicious, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful images. We rented a beach house in Galveston two years ago. The salty air, cool breezes, and early morning walks on the beach were great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Food, dog, waterfront scenery, wow who could ask for anything more. Keep it up!!! -AMT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

More Foodie Is The New Forty

Proud to be a member of the AFBA!

Search Foodie Is The New Forty

Recent Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP