Sunday, December 13, 2009

Self-Indulgent Foodless Post

I was over in the new Mueller development recently on a rainy day, and as I was getting into my car, the way the water was glistening off the landscaping caught my eye. I got back out of the car and snapped a few shots with my trusty Canon SD800 IS ultracompact, which I carry with me pretty much all the time. I thought some of the shots turned out looking kind of neat, so I wanted to share them here even though they have absolutely nothing to do with food.

I love the fact that digital photography really makes photography accessible to anyone. I never in a million years would have gotten these shots myself if I didn't have the ability to see them instantaneously and to take a bunch of photos without worrying about the cost of developing.

Other than giving these a little contrast boost and cropping one or two of them, these are the way they came out of the camera.


IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

3 comments:

  1. What a great set.

    And heck, they not be human food, but *something* will eat those plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, wow? That doesn't seem to cut it. Those pics are amazing! I really wish I had even a little bit of that talent! I am definitely NOT a photographer... and I can't blame it on the camera, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much!

    Kim, honestly, a HUGE part of getting great photos is just taking a TON of them - a few of them are bound to turn out well! That's why digital photography is so great; it makes it completely doable for even a hack like me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

More Foodie Is The New Forty

Proud to be a member of the AFBA!

Search Foodie Is The New Forty

Recent Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP