Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Day I Became a Sandwich Lover: Lucky's Puccias

Have you ever had the experience of eating something so amazing that you immediately regretted all those previous meals that didn't involve said item?

That happened to me last week during my first visit to Lucky's Puccias.


IMG_0250.JPG

Nestled on the patio of the Tiniest Bar in Texas, Lucky's offers up wood-fired Italian sandwiches. Now, sandwiches aren't usually my first choice when it comes to selecting a meal; I love bread, but for some reason, I don't usually want it taking up so much space in the main course compartment of my plate. But the wood-fired goodness that is Lucky's puccia bread is more like soft, airy, fragrant pizza dough. Nestle some paper-thin prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, juicy tomato, peppery arugula, basil oil (!!!), and chipotle mayo up in there, and you've got yourself a serious treat.

IMG_0251.JPG
The Lucky's Puccia, $9.25

They don't bake the bread till you order it, so it comes out hot and fresh and warms up the ribbons of prosciutto so that they very nearly melt in your mouth. Seriously, I'm getting all verklempt over here just thinking about this thing.

Which is why I'm adding this more or less redundant post to the chorus of bloggers and Yelpers and other food writers who have already covered this place - in case there is a single poor soul out there who hasn't been, perhaps I might help light their path to the mecca that is Lucky's Puccias.

1 comment:

  1. Oo! I've been dying to try this place. Now I'm dying doubly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

More Foodie Is The New Forty

Proud to be a member of the AFBA!

Search Foodie Is The New Forty

Recent Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP