Saturday, September 11, 2010

Celebrating Chewy

My fabulous sister-in-law is pregnant, and I couldn't be more excited. She's due in November, so not in labor just yet - but Labor Day nevertheless seemed like an appropriate time to mark the occasion.

So I headed up to the 'burb where I grew up for a weekend of celebrating (which in my family basically translates to eating). In case you don't know my family well, it is telling that at one point during the weekend, my mom heard me opening the refrigerator and said, "How can there be somebody hungry in my house?" A good question, as even my eating skills are little match for her feeding skills.

One of the highlights of the weekend was a little shower we put together for Roseanne. The shower was at Northcoast in Wayzata. The food was good, the view of the lake was stunning, and the company was best of all.


IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG
My Mermaid Omelette ('cause this is a food blog 'n' all)

IMG_6596.JPG
The view

IMG_6629.JPG
Some of the company - Roseanne with girlfriends she's had for practically her whole life

Check out the adorable custom-made banner I won from a contest on my friend Kathy's awesome blog. Kathy is one of the most creative and artistically-talented people I know.

IMG_6586.JPG
The baby's nickname is Chewy, a/k/a Chewbacca, a/k/a Chewbecca. I can't really explain this, but I love it.

IMG_6593.JPG

IMG_6589.JPG

The party favors were also Chewy-themed:

IMG_6559.JPG

Just to drive home how the weekend went food-wise, my mother tried to feed me both before and shortly after the shower. And then we went to Mandarin Kitchen and had this for dinner.

IMG_6630*.JPG

Having my mom around makes the nickname Chewy appropriate for pretty much everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Everything was completely perfect-- right down to the granola bars! Chewy loves her Auntie Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, next time we are in Minnesota I'm calling your mom! Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! You did such a wonderful job with the shower! So good to see you and enjoy in all the deliciousness with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been snacking all day at coffee shops and skipped dinner so that buffet dinner table really got my juices running. (har har)

    YAY for Chewy :) How exciting, Aunty Optimista!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

More Foodie Is The New Forty

Proud to be a member of the AFBA!

Search Foodie Is The New Forty

Recent Posts

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP